Weft Hair Extensions
Weft Hair Extensions
If you dream about having long locks or more volume, then hair extensions are the easiest and quickest way.
There are many different types of hair extensions on the market you can find yourself being overwhelmed by the choices you have. The question is, which one will be best for you? Here, we give you the pros and cons of weft hair extensions, so you can make an informed decision.
Some of the factors you need to consider are what you want them for, how long it takes, and how you maintain them. They all have their pros and cons.
Whether it is wefts, tape-in or clip extensions, we will try to help you to make an excellent informative decision for you. We only offer the tape-in extensions at Anthony James Hair Salon in Halifax, with prices starting at £200.
Tape-In Hair Extensions
If your hair is fragile around the temples and the sides of your head, the most popular and seamless hair extensions for you are tape-in extensions which are applied using either double or single-sided PU tape.
- Fast and easy application method. If you want volume, then it should only take 20-40 minutes but for a full-length application 45-60 minutes.
- No heat or tools required to apply them.
- Virtually undetectable panels lay flat on the head.
- Suitable for thin, fine hair.
- No damage to your hair. Tapped panels that are spread over the head in large sections, making them the safest method.
- They are lasting between 6-8 weeks with proper maintenance.
- They need time to adhere to your hair so washing your hair in the first 24-48 hours after application, is not recommended.
- Putting silicone or oil-based product directly on the adhesive will make them slip.
- Avoid any silicone or oil-based products to the root of the hair.
- Brush hair daily from root to tip being careful not to drag the adhesive.
- Style hair as usual.
Clip-In Hair Extensions
Clip-in extensions are temporary. Wefts of hair are applied using small pressure sensitive clips with silicon. For nights out, parties and special occasions clip-in hair extensions are a great option because you can remove them before bedtime.
- You have the option to put them in and take them out daily.
- The ability to change your hair colour and hairstyle more often.
- They must remove them before bedtime.
- If you leave them in you could damage your hair.
- Too bulky and heavy for thin, fine hair.
- Wash hair extensions as infrequently with sulfate-free shampoo.
- If extensions become dull or dry use a deep conditioner.
- Wide-tooth comb, Tangel Tezzer or a pure bristle brush are the best to use.
Sew-In Or Weave Hair Extensions
For coarse, curly or thick hair, the ideal hair extensions are sew-in or weave. You will need to have your hair braided and the hair extensions or weave will be sewn securely into these braids.
- You can use silicone or oil-based products because the only way slipping will occur is if the braids become loose.
- Great for thick, coarse hair.
- No heat or glue.
- They can take several hours to apply.
- If not washed regularly, they can get dirty and infected.
- Can be uncomfortable and cause headaches at first.
- You have limited hair styling options.
- Could cause tension or traction alopecia (hair loss) if the braids are too tight.
- Wash hair regularly.
- To avoid braids coming loose, don't over style.